Written by Natasha Lawrence
You hear the term a lot: #FashionGirlProblems, 10 Things to Know Before Dating a Fashion Girl, Fashion Girl Essentials, Things Fashion Girls Would Never Wear…We could continue. But what exactly is this aforementioned “Fashion Girl”?
We at TS think, it’s time to put a definition to the label, and breakdown what we consider to be a fashion girl. We use the term a lot on socials and don’t want anyone to be confused.
Sitting around the office, we each discussed our thoughts on what a “fashion girl” is and tried to land on a definition. But alas, you can’t put a fashion girl in a box, or define her in a few words. Instead, we came up with criteria any fashion girl should meet:
- She sees the beauty in McQueens Plato’s Atlantis S/S 2010 show
- She embraces the fact that most members of the opposite sex will find no appeal to her “look”
- She’s accustomed to wearing completely impractical pieces because, well, fashion
- She knows which shoes are made for walking and which are solely cab-to-curb
- She follows the Gospel according to Karl, or at least has an understanding of why it’s so important
- Her sartorial choices confuse most elder relatives
- She sees the sense in spending over $100 on a t-shirt (it’s a basic after-all)
If you check these boxes, then we here at TS are proud to call you a fellow fashion girl! Welcome to the chicest club in the world.