Written by Natasha Lawrence
We’ve been pretty silent this past week. We’ve been angry. We’ve been sad. We’ve been disappointed. Because of this, we needed to take a moment to gather our thoughts. We also wanted to come back to you with more information. In order for systemic racism to stop, we need to educate ourselves on how we can work together to change the narrative. Anti-racism is work.
Fashion Brands That Are Donating 100% of Proceeds to The Black Community
- LIVINCOOL just launched The Gradient Collection. With no end-date, 100% of sales of the collection will be going to Color of Change.
- MARY YOUNG is a sustainable Canadian lingerie brand that has been donating 100% of sales to Black Lives Matter and the Black Visions Collective all week.
- PRETTYLITTLETHING will donate 100% of sales from their new collection with Saweetie, to Black Lives Matter.
- AGOLDE is donating 100% of proceeds of their bestselling masks to one of 10 organizations fighting injustice, including the ACLU. This will be happening until the end of June.
- ASAI is selling an Rihanna famous dress, The Hot Wok Dress, for the first time, with all proceeds divided amongst Black Lives Matter, Solace Women’s Aid, and the Voice of Domestic Workers.
Organizations For Change
Charities To Donate To
- Advancement Project
- Brooklyn Bail Fund
- Campaign Zero
- Donate to Bail Funds for Protestors
- Equal Justice Initiative
- National Bail Fund Network
- National Police Accountability Project
- Reclaim the Block
- SURJ Showing Up for Racial Justice
- The Bail Project
- The Sentencing Project
- 1619 by The New York Times
- Code Switch by NPR
- Freedom Is a Constant Struggle by Angela Davis
- The National Museum of African American History & Culture Talking about Race Portal
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander
- Your Silence Will Not Protect You by Audre Lorde
We also have some more ideas on how to make change happen. This is just the start of the conversation.