Written by The Strategy
Los Angeles is having its moment in the, ahem, sun. With brands like Saint Laurent, Rodarte, and Re/Done operating from the golden state, it’s becoming its own fashion capital. Naturally, we had to re-vist our favourite city for the sole purpose of composing a concise city guide for our TS readers. Yeah. You’re welcome.
When we first created our itinerary, it all revolved around where we were going to eat. All meals are the most important meals of the day! Here are our top three places to eat:
- In N Out If your trip to the California doesn’t include a stop or ten at In-N-Out Burger, then you’ve done your visit all wrong. With multiple locations all over So-Cal, you need to eat here as often as possible. Seriously. Our go to: A Combo #2 with a Chocolate Shake. There is no place for calorie counting here!
- Matsuhisa Beverly Hills Everyone in LA will recommend a visit to Sugarfish for sushi. While we agree that the food there is top notch, our favourite sushi stop is Matsuhisa. The crammed space looks totally unfussy and everything on the menu is a winner. It also helped that Kanye West casually strolled in while we were mid-meal…Give our love to Kim! 129 N La Cienaga Blvd, Beverly Hills
- The Nice Guy You’ve definitely heard about this resto before. We first learned about it from Who What Wear, and you’ve definitely seen the likes of Gigi Hadid stepping in and out in chic night-time ensembles. Aside from it’s celebrity clientele, the food at The Nice Guy is to die for. Might we recommend the Bucatini Carbonara? 401 N La Cienaga Blvd, Los Angeles
Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills Our sole stay recommendation is the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills. Tucked away in a quiet corner of Beverly Hills, the Avalon is perfectly situated away from the hustle and bustle of the city, but close enough to the action that you’re not spending a fortune on cab fare. To be honest though, it was hard for us to even consider leaving the room. Each room comes with terry robes, Davines Momo amenities, the option of in-room spa treatments, and room service from the hotel’s Viviane restaurant. If we did leave the room, it was hard to pull ourselves away from the pool, located in a space designed by Kelly Wearstler. Prime selfie spot! Should you have to venture out and are in need of a set of wheels, the hotel has bicycles available for rent. 9400 West Olympic Blvd, Beverly Hills
Trying to narrow down our favourite shop spots in LA is a sick joke. LA is one of our favourite cities to shop, but if we had to narrow our shopping spots down to 3, these would be them:
Reformation Vintage Located in the old Reformation Melrose location, is Reformation Vintage. Shop one-of-a-kind pieces handpicked by the Reformation team. Imagine: All the vintage Levi’s in the world and the best band tees, shredded to perfection. It’s all waiting for you at Reformation Vintage. 8253 Melrose Ave., Los Angeles
Violet Grey Stepping into Violet Grey is like no other beauty shopping experience. The store itself is reminiscent of old Hollywood glamour, and the sales associates are all experts in the brands the store carries. 8452 Melrose Place, Los Angeles
Anine Bing Our favourite place to shop for wardrobe basics is Anine Bing’s headquarters in LA. The super soft tees are the fit we’ve always been on the hunt for, and the lacy bras are the answer to date night lingerie. The boots: don’t get us started on the boots. Every fashion girl worth her salt has a pair of Anine Bing boots waiting for her in her closet.
Museums, regular tourist attractions, and the best spas, makes it hard to see and do everthing in one trip to LA. However, if we could only make it to a few stops, these would be them:
- Olive And June Beverly Hills We recommend stopping here as soon as you collect your luggage off the airport carousel. The boho chic salon is ideal for papering your hand and feet with over 350 polishes to choose from and a laid back atmosphere. When we went in for a service, our manicurist took more time and care with journals than we’ve ever experienced before. The added bonus for regulars: They save your preferences to your file, so they always know just how you like your nails done. 430 N Canon Dr., Beverly Hills
- The Getty Center Probably one of our favourite ways to spend a Saturday in LA is with a visit to The Getty Center. Perched at the top of the hills on the west side of LA, the Getty is home to amazing art exhibits, amazing architecture and serene gardens. Admission is free. At N Sepulveda Blvd & Getty Center Dr
- Warwick For a night out, we highly recommend you stop at Warwick. The bi-level lounge is a nod to old Hollywood elegance and typical LA cool. The seasonal craft cocktails make this place stand out from the rest. 6507 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles