Written by The Strategy
This week, as Toronto temperatures drop to the single digits, we’ve been reminiscing about our last visit to LA. We talked to some of our LA features and asked them one very important question:
“If you had a friend visiting Los Angeles for the first time, what are 3 places you recommend they visit?”
Here’s what they had to say:
- Flea markets on Melrose and Fairfax – they run every week
- Malibu Beach – I love Cross Creak. You can do a little shopping and just walk down to the beach
- Hiking to Griffith Park – It’s close to where I live and has just a beautiful view over all of LA. It’s really relaxing and a typical LA thing to do
- The Anine Bing flagship – of course!
See Anine’s TS feature 👉here👈
- Croft Alley – behind Alfred coffee – it’s the best restaurant for breakfast or lunch
- Alfred coffee – stop after your visit to Croft Alley and get a matcha because it’s the best
- Marvin – on Beverly for dinner
- Rose Bowl Flea Market – It’s the best flea market in the world. You have to take the whole day. Get there at 8 AM and expect to stay until the sun goes down
Alana’s TS feature is on the way!
- Escuela Taqueria
- Filth Mart – for vintage
- Fountain Coffee Room – the coffee shop at The Beverly Hills Hotel
- The Hollywood Bowl – Who doesn’t want to listen to their favorite artists, live, out in the open while sipping on wine and having a full-blown picnic? Not only does the bowl host some incredible outdoor shows, but the venue also allows you bring any food and drink your little heart desires into the concert. (Yes, wine bottles included.) It’s a game-changer.
- Gracias Madre -I know vegan Mexican food probably doesn’t sound the most appealing to everyone, but this West Hollywood spot is delicious. If it’s your first time, request to sit on the patio, order guac and spicy margs the minute you sit down… you’re welcome.
- Abbot Kinney – I love walking, and in LA that’s a rare thing to do (we drive everywhere), so I thoroughly enjoy strolling and shopping Abbot Kinney in Venice Beach. Start your day at Rose Cafe, then head to the strip. Make a reservation at Gjelina for dinner, get coffee at Intelligentsia, you’re going to love it.
See Raleigh’s TS feature 👉here👈
- Warwick – obviously! For a lounge/nightclub
- Tao restaurant
- Malibu Beach – one of my favourites
See Sylvain’s TS feature 👉here👈