Written by The Strategy
Fashion month moments from the Spring 2022 shows that made us catch our breath: New York Fashion Week edition.
IRL fashion week is back. While many still decided to enjoy shows, presentations and panels virtually, many fashion folk flocked to the streets of New York city for indoor and outdoor shows, party’s and notable events. New York events were the kick-off to what we hope to be another exciting fashion month.
Let’s take a look back on the week, shall we?
We Should Talk About The Trends:
- Bikini tops as, well, tops. Soon on the runway at LaQuan Smith, Coach and Michael Kors Collection. Seen off the runway on TS Alum, Chrissy Rutherford. We love a runway-to-real-way styling moment.
- Expect crochet to be a everywhere come Spring/Summer 2022. It was seen at Altuzarra, Monse and Gabriela Hearst.
- Seeing right through: Ever since Rose McGowan’s see-through VMA dress in 1998, we’ve been intrigued by the daring style. Christian Siriano, Rodarte and Khaite showcased see-through looks in their collections for Spring/Summer 2022. And, who can forget the barely-there looks from events that took place during the weeks? We’re talking about Megan Fox at the VMA’s, and Zoe Kravitz and Kendall Jenner at the Met Ball.
- White out looks for the ultimate take on minimalist. All white ensembles floated down the runways of Proenza Schouler, Prabal Gurung, and Jonathan Simkai.
Those Notable Events We Mentioned:
- We loved Dr. Jill Biden’s choice to wear new-ish designer, Markarian on Inauguration Day. This New York Fashion Week saw Markarian finally make its runway debut.
- While we loved the colourful collection at Staud, Larry David did not. Or so it seemed. Presented by style icon, Sarah Staudinger, we can’t wait to incorporate the tropical printed pieces in our vacation wardrobe. And look number 15? Can the weather warm up already so we can wear it?!
- Don’t know if you heard, but part one of the new two-part Met Ball took place. We talked about it, if you want to know more about it.
- Altuzarra and Thome Browne made their New York Fashion Week returns, both for the first time in 4 years after showing in Paris.
- Two words: Telfar TV.