Written by The Strategy
Attention Upper East Siders. If you don’t already know that Gossip Girl is back, then you must not be subscribed to her (err..his?) e-Blasts. Almost 10 years after the final episode aired, it was announced that Gossip Girl is being rebooted. Music to our diamond studded ears. The news happens to coincide perfectly with the resurgance of Blair Waldorf’s beloved headbands. We couldn’t have planned it better ourselves.
Here’s what we know so far about the reboot.
- The show will stream on HBO’s new platform, HBO Max.
- A 10 episode run has been ordered, and each episode will be an hour long.
- The official summary for the series is: “Eight years after the original website went dark, a new generation of New York private school teens are introduced to the social surveillance of Gossip Girl. The prestige series will address just how much social media – and the landscape of New York itself – has changed in the intervening years.”
- It will be executively produced by original Gossip Girl creators, Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage.
- A release date has not been set, but the streaming service is set to launch Spring 2020.
Since the original show aired, we haven’t forgotten about the power of a headband. Blair Waldorf sported hers like a crown, and we’ll admit, influenced us to buy maybe one too many (if there’s such a thing). Thanks to the likes of Prada and Gucci, headbands were once again brought alive on the Spring/Summer 2019 runways. This iteration is all about a statement-making looks, not unsimilar to Blair’s go-to styles. We’re talking exaggerated proportions, and over-the-top embellishments. It’s time to stock up.