Written by The Strategy
It’s the second week of October. Breathe a sigh of relief, because with it, comes the first week in a month where editors, bloggers and fashion industry elite are not running from show to show or plane to plane to catch all the runway shows and previews New York, Milan, London and Paris have to offer. Catwalks, cocktail parties, frantic notes typed into an iPhone, lots of stress and minimal sleep – it’s all part of the package of a successful fashion month.
This fashion month wasn’t our editors first rodeo, so we were able to narrow down a list of what exactly kept us running and out the door on time during these chaotic four weeks.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Primer – How did we live our lives before Rihanna created the Fenty brand? Whether it be beauty, apparel or lingerie, we’ve come to need everything in RiRi’s bag of tricks. Fenty Beauty’s Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Primer is no exception. One pump of this primer blended into your face before makeup results in the appearance of an even skin tone and smaller pores. The lightweight formula works all day to make sure your makeup lasts longer, which is exactly what we need when we don’t have time for a makeup touch-up between shows or events.
- Rodin Olio Lusso Lip Balm– You can re-apply your lipstick ten times a day, but when your lips are dried out, they become wrinkly and unattractive. Rodin’s Olio Lusso Lip Balm is the perfect saviour for chapped lips. The balm is created with shea butter and beeswax, combined with jasmine and neroli oils. It allows for a smooth, non-greasy application and creates the perfect base for your favourite lip stick.
- Taylor Morris Eyewear George Arthur Sunglasses – We said it before and we’ll say it again: Fashion month doesn’t allow for a lot of sleep. Late nights, early mornings and endless champagne have been known to cause an under-eye bag or two. Our solution: Taylor Morris George Arthur sunnies. Also, during fashion month countless wardrobe changes are hard enough to keep track of, so thankfully, this classic frame goes with any look without a second thought.
- Anine Bing Savage Rose Perfume – You may be sick of hearing us sing the praises of this perfume, but honestly, it’s perfect. The convenient 15ml size means that it can travel in a carry-on or an evening clutch, so you can apply any time you may feel you need a boost. The perfume oil is made with Bulgarian rose, mixed with white rose, black pepper and musk.
- Goop “The Martini” Emotional Detox Bath Soak – Yeah, we also bow down to the alter of GOOP. The website describes the benefit of this soak as it “takes the edge off during turbulent times (or after a crazy day). We couldn’t think of a more turbulent time than fashion month. After a long hard day on your feet, there is nothing like pouring yourself a glass of wine, lighting a few candles and drawing a hot bath. This mixture of Himalayan pink salt and chia seed oil leaves us sitting in the bath long after we’ve started to prune.